Every dollar you give will be used to help the children and families of Casa de los Ángeles. Monetary donations can be made by check or credit card and a list of items to bring to Casa de los Ángeles is included below. The following table shows examples of our monthly expenses. Casa de los Ángeles does not operate with much overhead— be confident that your donations make a direct impact on the families and children in San Miguel de Allende.
|Some examples of our costs
|Educational Supplies Breakfast Lunch Fruit Snack Baby Supplies A Child (Food & Supplies) Staff||$200 $100 $800 $100 $200 $150 $360||$2,400 $1,200 $9,600 $1,200 $2,400 $1,800 $4,320|
If you work for a matching gift company, we’re happy to complete any paperwork that will match your gift to Casa de los Angeles!
Here are some ways that you can donate right now!
To Donate by Credit Card you can use PayPal in the column to the right.
To Donate by Check:
In United States, send to:
Casa de los Angeles
14719 West 163rd Street
Homer Glen, IL 60491
In Mexico and other countries send to:
Hogar de los Angeles
Enrique Velasco Ibarra #9
Colonia Santa Julia
San Miguel de Allende, GTO 37734 Mexico
To Donate Items:If you are not in a position to give a financial contribution, you, your church, workplace, school or organization can certainly share items for use at Casa de los Ángeles. It is important to contact us before beginning any collections as the manner in which items are delivered is something to consider. Often significant postal taxes must be paid by Casa de los Angeles on delivery. If you are going to volunteer with us and you would like to gather some needed items you can bring them with you. These are some of the things on our wish list:
- Baby supplies . . . diapers, baby wipes, diaper rash cream
- Lotion, children’s toothpaste, toothbrushes
- Classroom supplies – white board markers, erasers, seasonal decorations, kleenex, playdough, pipe cleaners, crayons, pencils, tissue paper, glue sticks, bubbles, paint (finger & tempera), masking tape, Scotch tape, scissors, staplers, poster board, “foam” paper
- Balls and playground equipment, particularly “Little Tykes” products . . . wagons, ride-ons, tricycles
- Small items (books, Beanie Babies, dolls, cars, . . . ) to be given to our children on their birthday. For many of our children, the gift they receive from Casa de los Angeles is the first time they have ever received a gift for their birthday.
- Children’s books and videos in Spanish, games, puzzles, blocks, rhythm instruments, imagination games and toys.
- Office supplies – copy paper, envelopes (letter size and big manila), US stamps, pocket folders, mailing labels (Avery #5160)
Monetary donations can be directed towards specific needs or programs (food, vitamins, classroom supplies, administrative cost staff salaries, medical care, special events, marathon runners, and fundraisers like the Chicago Marathon or the endowment). If you want to designate to something specific, please note it on your check.